AFTER BEING DIAGNOSED WITH BREAST TUMORS, I STOPPED USING DEODORANTJul 18, 2022
I was 30 years old when I discovered the first lump on my breast. Shocked, I quickly booked an appointment with my family doctor. An ultrasound confirmed I had a tumor, but I was reassured that it shouldn’t be anything to worry about. Apparently, fibroadenoma tumors were very common. I’m still baffled how modern medicine can deem abnormal growths in the body as “normal because they appear so often”.
At one point, the tumor became too big to just leave under observation, so it was surgically removed, alhamdulillah. I immediately stopped using deodorant, as I strongly believed that antiperspirant might be the culprit. Another year later, more tumors were discovered. Which left me scratching my head. I stopped using deodorant, why am I still getting tumors?
This time, I didn’t opt for the surgery. Lucky for me, my allergy to peppers sparked my interest in black seed and in studying natural, traditional, functional medicine, as intended by Allah. I have since learned that tumors are a result of an imbalance.
I started making my own homemade deodorant and focused on taking herbal remedies (black seed), which have reduced the size of the tumors to make them almost non-existent.
Because our skin is like a sponge, the rule of thumb is, that if it’s not safe to eat, it isn’t safe to put on your skin. Everything I use in my DIY personal products is all safe to eat (except for laundry detergent). I have learned to make toothpaste, deodorant, body cream, oil pulling mixture, laundry detergent, household cleaner and so much more.
Now, most people ask, how I can possibly find the time between 4 kids, working, cooking and researching, and writing for Nurasunna to find time to make DIY products. The answer is two-fold.
- Ask Allah to put Baraka in your time. When Allah blesses your time, everything falls into place to make it easy for you to accomplish what you set out. Sometimes the simplest of tasks cannot be fulfilled if Allah does not permit it.
- Everything I make at home is quick and easy to make. It is actually faster to make it at home, then to drive out to the store and buy the product.
Here it is. The 5-minute DIY deodorant that will last you 1 year.
Yields: 1 cup
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ⅓ cup baking soda
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- Essential oil of your choice (5-10 drops) - (Tea Tree, Lavender, or Bergamot are great choices).
- 2 tablespoon Black Seed Oil (optional)
- Melt coconut oil (you can use the double boiler method or run hot water on the jar before using it).
- Add melted coconut oil, baking soda, cornstarch, essential oil, and black seed oil to a bowl. Using a whisk or fork, mix all the ingredients together thoroughly.
- Transfer to a small mason jar. Leave it in your bathroom or bedroom. No need to refrigerate.
Coconut oil is not only a great moisturizer but it's also an anti-fungal. Baking soda helps ward off the bacteria that is responsible for causing odors. Cornstarch helps keep your underarms dry. The essential oils give a great fragrance and add another antibacterial kick. The black seed oil restores balances in the area that it is absorbed.
Simple and effective. Now because coconut oil melts in the hot summer and hardens in the cold winter, the consistency may soften or harden depending on the time of year but it still remains very potent.
Join the Nurasunna Rediscover Wellness Newsletter
and receive updates on our upcoming courses.
Plus we'll send you freebies and special promos from time-to-time.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.