The Choleric Body TypeMar 07, 2023
Choleric is considered to be the most catabolic, hottest, and most active of all temperaments. Choleric is already off balance by its nature, and thus, diet and lifestyle are instrumental in creating balance. Choleric Body Types have strong digestion and may gravitate to heavy meals and lots of meats/proteins; however, to keep the body balanced, raw fruits and vegetables, raw juices, and salads support in ridding the body of excessive heat.
Constitution: Hot & Dry
Other names used: Yellow Bile, Safra (Islamic), Pitta (Ayurveda), Yang (Chinese Medicine)
The dominating system for Choleric Body Types is the liver/digestive system which can become imbalanced due to a fast metabolism that demands heavy meals to feel satiated.
It is not uncommon for Choleric Body Types to constantly feel hungry, have specific food cravings, and consider themselves a foodie. This Body Type literally burns through food. Cholerics should cool off that fire by opting for cooling foods.
You can easily identify a Choleric Body Type by their physical characteristics:
- Broad jaw, sharp nose, high cheekbones, angular facial structure
- Compact, lean, small frame and built
- Tendency to only gain weight around the belly and on the face (can gain significant weight around the abdomen)
- Does not have long fingers or long palms (on the contrary, hands might look small)
- Sweats profusely in heat and during physical activity
- Small wrists
- Difficulty building muscle mass (these Body Types can look cut and toned but won’t look very bulky with muscle mass).
- Does not have a boyish figure even when very thin (meaning breasts and buttocks are still well developed)
Choleric Body Types are prone to developing the following conditions when out of balance but this is not an exhaustive list of diseases they can develop (and it's possible for other body types to also develop some of these diseases):
- High cholesterol
- Cardiovascular disorders
- High blood pressure
- Middle GI tract conditions (hyperacidity, ulcerative, etc.)
Sometimes it helps to visualize people with this Body Type in order to really understand their physical attributes. Celebrities such as Tom Holland, Charlize Theron, Anne Hathaway, Harry Style, Elijah Wood, Ben Stiller, Emma Stone, and Emily Blunt are all considered Cholerics.
Most runway models and popular actresses are the Melancholic Body Type, and this can negatively affect women’s self-image and self-esteem because they cannot possibly attain the thinness to which they are constantly projected.
To learn more about your Body Type, be sure to click here to take the Body Type Quiz
Join the Nurasunna Rediscover Wellness Newsletter
and receive updates on our upcoming courses.
Plus we'll send you freebies and special promos from time-to-time.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.